QR Code Link to This Post
The Assistant Accounting Manager is to support finance department in Japan and North Asia operation, work closely and collaborate with Financial Controller in assisting finance (accounting, tax, and treasury) activities.
This position will assist project activities, business case reviews, implementation support and other value-add financial duties.
Specified responsibilities include:
• Inter-month and month-end journal entry processing.
• Inter-month and month-end reconciliation (prepaid expenses, deferred rent, tax payable, etc.)
• Maintain the daily inventory cost review. Identify and direct corrective actions on cost issues.
• Process the Obsolete Inventory Accounting, including calculations, required journal entries at month-end and monthly reconciliation.
• Work closely with Operations, Supply Chain and Inventory Management teams to ensure inventory book value is properly stated.
• Maintain statutory book for Japan by taking over the responsibility from external accounting firm.
• Assist with preparation of other reporting and analysis.
• Assist with analysing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances.
• Execute usual accounting functions, including operating the general ledger system and month-end close work.
• Assist with financial and other audits as required.
• Assist with filing for Corporate Income tax, Consumption tax and Depreciable Assets Tax.
• Commercial analysis on new business opportunities in Japan.
• Manage Client BBTI programs (Monthly payment along with invoice reconciliation).
• Accounting and business case in Japan.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting equivalent.
• At least 5 years' working experience in accounting and finance role.
• Must be in knowledge of monthly closing and preparation of financial statements.
• Highly proficient with Microsoft office. Especially Excel advance data analysis and manipulation skills.
• Good in both verbal and written English.
Are you a Brightstar?
At Brightstar, we handle every stage of a mobile device's lifecycle for our customers-from the moment it's manufactured to trade in and re-sale, and everything in between.
This industry moves fast. But so do we. What's innovative today might become outdated tomorrow, so we have to be able to see the big picture and sweat the small details. Doing that successfully takes trust, teamwork and a knack for making the complicated simple.
We're looking for creative, quick and relentless talent to join the team. Are you one of us?
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE