QR Code Link to This Post
For a market research project taking 1-2 months we are hiring a project and team leader. You will manage the project and client relationship, learn how to do the research, and lead a small team of staff members who conduct the research.
The market research consists of collecting prices of automobile parts from local dealers across Japan. We will call the dealers and ask them about the availability of a particular car part and its price. Our team of Japanese staff members will have to make more than a thousand phone calls within a period of a several weeks.
All team members can work entirely from home if the environment is suitable. The work times are somewhat flexible. You must be able to speak fluent Japanese and English. Since our client is in Europe you need to be available for phone calls in the late afternoon Japan time (alternatively early evening). Also you will need to do some meetings with your team during morning hours.
- Prepare by thoroughly understanding the requirements of the project.
- Learn how to do price research and make some of the phone calls yourself.
- Train our team members in doing the price research using our software.
- Manage and support your team in conducting the research.
- Write reports about project requirements and research results.
- Be the point of contact for our client and do regular meetings by phone.
- Interesting project involving project management, team leading, and client contact.
- Freely choose your work location. Schedule your work times somewhat flexibly.
- Attractive hourly rate with bonuses for team work and project success.
- Possibility to do the same project twice a year in the future (optional).
- Be professional in your communication. Be well organized and detail oriented.
- Prior experience in project management and as team leader is a plus but not required.
- Fluent Japanese and English. Optional (not required): Korean, Chinese, German.
- Be available to work 2-4 hours every weekday during typical office hours. Be able to start immediately. At the beginning you should be available for a few more hours per day to get started.
- Have a sufficiently new computer, ideally with a headset. Be able to work in a quiet environment at home without distractions.
- Be confident of being able to lead a team of Japanese staff members who conduct the price research by phone.
- Be available for internal video meetings during work times. Be able to schedule regular team meetings during morning and afternoon hours.
- Being available for occasional in-person meetings in Tokyo is a plus but not a requirement.
We are a data science consulting firm in Tokyo with one of the most highly skilled teams in Japan. We work as a worldwide distributed company and develop innovative custom analytics solutions for global clients. We value a good work-life balance by offering all our team members home office and flex time.
How to apply:
Send us a message in which you answer the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this project?
- What qualifies you for the role?
- What is your availability in the next 1-2 months?
- Where are you located?
- What is your expected hourly rate (e.g. "at least .. JPY/h but ideally up to .. JPY/h")?
- Describe the level of the languages you speak.
If you like you may already include your resume and contact information. Otherwise we will request this information after sharing our company details with you.