You have a strong background in life sciences and would like to be part of our growing Tokyo practice? We are looking for you!
QR Code Link to This Post
We are a life-science consulting company specializing on strategy with a worldwide presence. We have a team of 60 plus consultants spread across 4 geographies globally, and serve a large portfolio of top pharma customers and enable them to optimally develop and launch new products in an increasingly competitive marketplace.
As a Project Manager to our expanding Tokyo practice, you will work with various client teams providing our global client portfolio strategic insights based on rigorous and thorough primary and secondary research and meaningful conclusions. You are expected to support the development of proposal and business development materials as a key contributor to the growth of the Japan and Asia Pacific region.
• You set up, manage, and monitor client projects including the establishment and management of global teams and possible subcontractors.
• You oversee all project-related processes and deliverables, from pricing and planning, to research analysis and recommendations as well as client communication and submission of deliverables.
• You support and, in some cases, conduct yourself, comprehensive and robust primary and secondary research using a range of sources.
• You consolidate research findings based on analysis, using a range of tools and techniques, to generate insights against the client objective and context.
• You ensure that client deliverables have top-notch quality.
• You initiate, prepare for and attend client meetings and presentations, presenting key elements.
• You actively identify opportunities in your interaction with your clients for future project roll-out.
• You develop project proposals and other business development materials.
• You support the implementation of the growth strategy for Japan and the Asia Pacific region incl. promoting the company’s brand.
WHAT YOU BRING
• First and foremost, curiosity
• A degree, e.g. a Bachelor or Master of Science, a Master of Public Health or a PhD in Life Sciences or related fields from a reputable university in Japan or an English-speaking country
• Strong research and analysis skills with an ability to conceptualize analysis into processes and frameworks
• A sound knowledge and understanding of the pharmaceutical industry
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and succinctly both verbally and in writing across hierarchies
• Track record in managing client projects with multiple players across timezones
• Proof of delivering high quality output with attention to detail – even if under time pressure and cooperating with various stakeholders
• An entrepreneurial mindset and openness to learn
• The drive to further grow the client-facing role
• Willingness to work in a team-setting and to contribute to team-learning
• Ability to work at your own initiative, to multi-task, and to actively leverage your network/s
• Bilingual in Japanese and English
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint
WHAT WE OFFER
• A truly global environment with diverse teams across geographies
• A highly motivated Tokyo-based team with strong interaction with local and international clients and internal teams across the various offices
• The opportunity to work in a growing international consulting company with a Western-style culture
• The opportunity to define the office culture within Tokyo and drive regional initiatives
• Direct access to senior members across the company, with ample opportunities to interact
• A workplace committed to striving for work-life balance
• A values-based environment committed to creating an environment that is open, respectful, has integrity and fosters openness, respect, resilience and a learning mindset
• Ample opportunities to move up within the company, in addition to specific career development initiatives to ensure professional development