International Concierge & Tour Guide (Nihonbashi, Tokyo)
料金: Starting at 1,500 (3-month training period at 1,200) 雇用形態種別: パートタイム
QR Code Link to This Post
Part-time position available as information concierge and tour guide
Seeking friendly and outgoing applicants with an interest in Japanese culture to work part-time at a tourist information center in Nihonbashi, Tokyo.
No experience necessary (training provided).
● Fun environment with many opportunities to learn about and experience Japanese culture
● Flexible part-time schedule with 4-hour morning or 8-hour full-day shifts between 9:00am and 7:00pm. Must be able to work at least three days a week, including one full day on weekends. Up to 28 hours available during training period, with possibility of more after training is complete, depending on the schedule. Must be willing to work on some holidays.
● 1,200 yen hourly wage for minimum 3-month training period. After training is complete, raises are available (starting at 1,500 yen), as well as extra pay for weekends and national holidays.
● Transportation compensation of up to 20,000 yen per month
● Kimono and yukata uniform provided
●Must be living in Japan with a work-permitting visa, with at least 4 months remaining. Visa sponsorship may be possible after the training period is finished.
● Native or advanced English (additional languages a plus)
● Business level Japanese (with strong speaking skills)
● Basic computer skills
● Ability to talk in front of groups (guiding tours, etc)
● Ability to work well in a team
● Interest in Japanese history and culture
● Giving information about Nihonbashi and the surrounding Tokyo area in English, Japanese, and if possible, other languages
● Leading and assisting with tours and cultural workshops
● Replying to inquiries and reservation requests via phone and email
● Updating the information center’s Facebook and Instagram
● Translating and interpreting from Japanese to English (and/or native language)
● Working with press and media to promote Nihonbashi (may include TV coverage, pictures for magazines, newspapers, etc.)
To apply, send your resume in English and/or Japanese. Please specify what languages you can speak and your level in each language.