QR Code Link to This Post
Our client, a Top Tier Investment Bank is looking for a highly skilled Senior Network Operation / Implementation Engineer to join their team of experts in Tokyo.
As part of Asia Network Operations team, the candidate will be responsible for design, implementation and support of the comapny’s network infrastructure in Asia, with specialty in Japan extranet environment (e.g. client connectivity, low-latency trading environment, connectivity to JPX Arrownet, Bloomberg, Reuters, etc.).
He/she needs to manage and deliver network projects within proposed budget and timelines. He/she also needs to participate in a client on-boarding process conference call to represent network team to answer technical questions raised by clients.
JOB SCOPE (responsibilities, environment, etc.)
Project / Service Description:
• Design and implement new external connectivity (e.g. exchange connectivity, market data, new client onboarding, connectivity with other brokerage companies)
• Assist in implementation, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of the network components, and conduct performance and capacity analysis on those components during their lifecycles
• Provide operational support to company’s external-facing network environment (e.g. Exchange connectivity, client connectivity, low-latency trading infrastructure).
• Support client boarding and infrastructure upgrade / migration projects
• As technical advisor, support the communication with business units and clients
• Design, implement and support company’s external-facing network environment
• Ensure and enhance network services are in line with business requirement in terms of stability, resilience and performance
• Ensure global standard and best practices are implemented in all network infrastructure
• Ensure technical documentation are properly maintained
• Support and administrate firewall environment in line with IT security policy
• Manage global / regional / local network project implementation
• Provide 2nd/3rd level Asia Network operational support and implementation
• Provide consultations and operational support to business and IT units
MANDATORY JOB REQUIREMENTS (must have skills and experience)
• Minimum 5 years of technical and network operation experience in investment banking, financial institution or large enterprise environment
• Minimum 3 years of experience in exchange and client connectivity
• In-depth knowledge on network technology (TCP/IP, WAN/MAN/LAN, BGP, HTTP/HTTPS, VPN, QoS, multicast), including troubleshooting of latency and availability issues in a global WAN environment
• Experience in Cisco (CCNP, CCIE preferred), Juniper / Fortinet firewalls, F5 load balancers, Bluecoat Proxy Servers, wireless network technology, network management tools (HPNA, Sevone, SMARTS, Wireshark, etc.)
• Knowledge in latency monitoring concepts and relevant industry solutions (Corvil, Nexus Data Broker, etc.)
• Work independently in a highly dynamic environment, both individually and as a team
• Fluent spoken and written English