We are hiring an experienced Backend Web Engineer to improve our cloud-based services. We are developing a mobile application currently in use by thousands of students around Japan, and we are looking to expand our backend team to help us continually grow the value of the service.
QR Code Link to This Post
Scoville's activities are diversified, though our main focus is the field of Human Resources. We're always trying to find better solutions to help students find their dream job and help companies find the best candidate. We're looking for people who share our aptitude for work to help us develop smart and well designed applications for our clients.
One of our current projects seeks to innovate the way that university students bond over their shared interests, and connect them to relevant clients. Some of the challenges that you would face involve using the latest technologies to solve problems and implement features for projects like these.
What You Will Do
Day to day activities include:
● Delivering web-based software
● Investigating solutions to problems
● Working with the team to develop and deliver features in a Scrum environment
● Improve your knowledge independently, as well as together with the team
● Mentoring junior members
★Living in Japan
● English language proficiency (no Japanese required)
● Hold a degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
● 3+ years recent commercial programming with a strong emphasis towards delivering Web solutions
●Expert understanding of a wide variety of web technologies, service design & delivery, data structures, and GraphQL APIs.
●Expert understanding of backend web technologies, particularly Elixir & Phoenix.
-We will also accept candidates who demonstrate a strong desire to learn Elixir. Mentoring is available
●Demonstrable experience of software testing and quality assurance.
●Status of residence
- For those in Japan: must have a working visa valid for more than six months
-For those outside of Japan:
International remote work is available during team core hours, 10:00-18:00 JST
Must be willing to relocate to Japan within three months of hiring. We will support you during your move!
● Experience working in a Scrum managed environment
● Experience with database development
● Experience with container orchestration and Docker
● Experience with AWS Services
● Japanese language proficiency